Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thousand Foot Krutch - Phenomenon Review

Thousand Foot released their second studio album " Phenomenon" on September 30th, 2003. This album was also the first project released under the record label Tooth and Nail.


The album starts off with the self titled rock song "Phenomenon". This song starts off slower building your anticipation for the chorus, where it rawks out! This whole album is filled with a lot of awesome beats, but this particular song is exceptionally awesome! The next song on the album is "Step To Me". This song is another rock song with great guitars. Although it is a little odd to me with the kind of creepy sound and lyrics. For example one part of the song says "Haunt Me, If You Want Me".
The next song "Last Words" happens to be one of my favorites on the album. I am not sure why I like this song so much, I just do! As the name suggests "Last Words" is about the last words or advice you would tell someone you care about.

Things slow down with the next song "This Is A Call". This is my favorite song on the album because of the lyrics, which are really powerful and talk about calling out to God for help. "This Is A Call" has a nice and somewhat simple sound, more like a worship song. The next song, "Rawkfist" is yet another one of my favorites, because of all of its energy! I also love the mix of rap and rock! This song is a great song to listen to when your working out, because it just gets you pumped up! Also if you go to a Thousand Foot Krutch concert they will most likely play "Rawkfist", and it is probably their most fun song at a concert.

The momentum continues with the next song "Faith, Love And Happiness". I will let the lyrics do the talking on this one "Every which way I turn I've got the option of a million choices / Every single word I say is judged by a million critics / Every which way you turn you've got the sound of a million voices / Every single move you make is torn by a million cynics / when will we all see the light of day / .... Wish everyone could just see your face / Faith, love and happiness". Things slow down a bit with the next song "I Climb". This song sounds a little odd kind of like the second song "Step To Me", but this is a slower version.


The next song "Quicken" has more of a rap sound, with some rock during the chorus. Although the sound of this song isn't my favorite I really like the lyrics. My favorite part is towards the end when it says "It's coming to that point / I'm down on my knees / I'm praying you can change my life and change me / I'll follow you there / Got nothing to lose". The next song on the album is "New Design". This song is so random and all over the place, and I kind of love that. There are parts that a rock, rap, pop and even some screaming! "Bounce" is next and it is another energetic rock/rap song. The song has the same kind of sound as "Rawkfist" with more of a rap sound until you hit the chorus and then it turns into a rock anthem.

The next song on the album is "Ordinary". This song is a little odd, but in a good way. The music is a little slower at the beginning and then the rock kicks in and you are expecting a rock song, then all of a sudden Trevor busts out with some rapping....like real rapping. It is awesomely weird! Last but not least comes the solid rock song "Break The Silence". This song is good but somewhat normal compared to some of the other songs on this album. The best part of "Break The Silence" in my opinion is the end, I am not saying it like I'm glad its over....I actually like the end! :D

This album is a unique rock album with some rap and other styles thrown in there. This album seemed to be all over the place, which in a lot of ways I liked because its different and most of the songs sound different. Although maybe to some people the fourth song "This Is A Call" doesn't exactly fit in the album, I thought it added a lot to the album. For the most part I really enjoyed this album, the only negative I have to say is about the lyrics. Although I don't expect every song to have some deep meaning, I would have appreciated just a couple more! I would still give this album 5 stars!
  1. Phenomenon
  2. Step To Me
  3. Last Words
  4. This Is a Call
  5. Rawkfist
  6. Faith, Love and Happiness
  7. I Climb
  8. Quicken
  9. New Design
  10. Bounce
  11. Ordinary
  12. Break the Silence

No comments: