Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Rend Collective Experiment - Homemade Worship By Handmade People Review

Honestly I never thought I would like a band like The Rend Collective Experiment, because it's not the kind of music I am normally into. At least I thought I wasn't into this kind of music, that is until I seen The Rend Collective Experiment in concert. Honestly they are one of the best bands I have seen live and not because of all the lights and pyrotechnics, but because of their energy and honesty...plus their accent is pretty sweet! Below is my review for their sophomore album "Homemade Worship By Handmade People".


The album starts off with the energetic and catchy song "Praise Like Fireworks". To accurately describe this music would be hard because there are SO many different sounds and instruments, yet its not overwhelming...some how it works. With "Praise Like Fireworks" being the first song on the album, it introduces listeners to the amazing Irish vocals you will hear throughout the album. I am a huge fan of accents, so I really appreciate the singing on this entire album!

Moving on...The next song on the album is "You Are My Vision". This song is also upbeat, but yet very much a worship song with the lyrics saying "I don't want riches or man's empty praise / You're my inheritance now and always / You and only You, the first in my heart". The next song "The Cost" is probably my favorite song on the album, mostly because of the infectious beat. This song is an absolute blast in concert! It is easy to sing and clap along with and it has a lot of energy.

The next song on the album is "Second Chance". This song has a good sound, maybe not quite as much energy as the previous songs, but the lyrics are great. The chorus of "Second Chance" says " Oh Your cross it changes everything / There my world begins again with You / Oh Your cross it's where my hope restarts / A second chance is Heaven's heart". Coming next is the first song with lead Female vocals,"True Intimacy". Listening to some beautiful female vocals helps to mix up the album, which I like.


Bringing back the Irish accent and male vocals is another one of my favorite songs "Build Your Kingdom Here". Warning: This song can easily make you want to move, with its Irish jig sound, this song is packed full of energy. The next song "Desert Soul" is a little slower but doesn't lack in power. Although there aren't a bunch of lyrics in this song, the ones that are in it are very powerful. My favorite line is "I'm desperate, for a desperate heart".The next song on the album is "Christ Has Set Me Free". This song starts off simple with just an acoustic guitar, then it picks back up all the other instruments including the drums! :)

Continuing with the easy going sound is the next song "Keep Me Near". This song is a beautiful and long, worship song. The next song on the album is "Alabaster". This song is also more of a slow song, but one thing I like about The Rend Collective Experiment, is whether the song has a fast pace or a slow pace they are all very powerful. Finishing out the album is the song "Shining Star". This song has an interesting sound with all of the strings starting it off and the different instruments throughout the entire song. This a grand way to end the album!

This album is probably the most unique album I have ever reviewed....with all the different sounds and vocals, but somehow it all works into something beautiful. I would describe this album as a beautiful mess, it is not the most polished album, but it is very honest and real. I would give this album 5 stars.
  1. Praise Like Fireworks
  2. You Are My Vision
  3. The Cost
  4. Second Chance
  5. True Intimacy
  6. Build Your Kingdom Here
  7. Desert Soul
  8. Christ Has Set Me Free
  9. Keep Me Near
  10. Alabaster
  11. Shining Star

No comments: