Sunday, April 15, 2012

Steve Augustine Of Thousand Foot Krutch Interview

I am REALLY excited about this interview. I had the incredible honor to interview the drummer of Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static, Steve Augustine. Although I didn't get to interview Steve in person, this interview is my favorite so far, because Steve happens to be my favorite drummer!!


My questions are in white and Steve's answers are in orange.


 Who has been the biggest influence in your life, and why?

My Mom has definitely been the biggest influence in my life... she encouraged me to work hard, love life, and treat people with respect. She's an incredible women.


What is one of the strangest things that has happened while on tour?

We once had a bus drive back the bus awkwardly into a basketball net... the net actually went right through the back window of the bus, and was set up perfectly in the back lounge! haha... we shot hoops in the back lounge of our bus that day. haha.


Will you give us a couple of examples of how God has shown up in your life, when times were dark or you were discouraged?

God has always been a constant sounding board for me through life.. I've felt His hand in so many areas. I talk to him every day like he's a regular guy... He gives me peace in decision making, and guides my steps every day.


Do you have any advice for someone who wants to be a musician?

Practice everyday! And take EVERY opportunity that comes along to further your abilities.


 If you had one day where you could do anything, anywhere, what would you do?

If it was really down to one day, I think I'd have to say outer space .... I've always been curious of what it would be like to see the galaxy from there!


 So you are working on recording a new TFK record, tilted "The End Is Where We Begin". What can we expect on this new record?

The new record is now complete... we are so excited about it! It's the best mix of all the different styles of music that have been TFK to date... we've got everything on this one! The songs are strongest yet, the performances, and the overall sound too... We are so amped to get it out to you guys to hear!




Do you have any advice for the readers on how to keep things in perspective, and keep God your main focus?

Keeping things in perspective is easy! Just have to remember we are ALL here with a purpose ordained by God... none of us have a calling that is more valuable than the next... if God calls you to be president, then do it humbly... if God calls you to be a janitor do it with joy. 

We all have a part in God's plan to reach the lost. The sooner we accept it and make the most of it the sooner we will have a greater impact on this world. 


Who have you always wanted to perform for?

I'd love to play on the late night shows.. it's a personal goal! We're being pitched for Jimmy Fallon and Conan on this record already! Stoked!


 What is your favorite Bible verse and why?

Over the years I have had different verses that pop out at me at different times for sure, and challenge me to change and grow closer to God. I don't have a favorite right now, but I do have a favorite book... I love the book of John.. I love reading Johns account of Jesus life and the journey they all had together.


 Random Bonus Question 

When you were little did you have something that you took with you everywhere? (like a blanket, bear, toy, etc.)

I really didn't! haha. But I spent ALL my spare time playing hockey from ages 6-18!


 Anything else you want to add?
 
Thanks!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Great interview! Cool to know you played hockey (I love watching NHL games!).

Looking forward to TFK's new CD! :)

Justin Morden said...

Awesome interview! He seems like a cool guy and I like the questions you asked him!