Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thousand Foot Krutch - The Art Of Breaking Review

Thousand Foot Krutch released their third studio album "The Art Of Breaking" on July 19th, 2005.


The album starts with the rock anthem "Absolute". This song is a blast in concert, with its infectious beats, powerful guitars and a chorus that is easy to sing along with. This song is a highlight on the album for me. The next song "Slow Bleed" also has some cool guitars, although the drums are the best part! The drums carry the entire song in my opinion. Next is the self titled song "The Art Of Breaking". This songs definitely steps things up and rawks out on guitar! The lyrics of this song seems to talk about a someone trying to help their hurting friend, but their friend doesn't want to open up and let them in. Although this song could easily be taken many different ways.

The next song "Stranger"sounds a little slower, because it doesn't have the same rock anthem sound as the previous songs. "Stranger" does have some sick guitar towards the end though! The song talks about being a stranger to this world. The next song "Hurt" is a little odd sounding, but for some reason I love it! I can't really explain why though, so in a way its indescribable.....or something like that! Now the next song "Hand Grenade" I have a love / hate relationship with (yes you can have a relationship with a song). When I first heard "Hand Grenade" I really didn't like it.....it was too weird. Some where along the way though, I fell in love with this song, and it is now one of my favorites!


The next song "Move" is a Thousand Foot Krutch classic. I mean seriously, if you haven't heard this song you are missing out! This song in incredible live with its killer guitars and vocals, plus the lyrics just seem to promote jumping at a concert! The next song "Hit The Floor" starts off slower and then explodes at the chorus. Also this song kind of acts as a part 2 to the previous song "Move" because the first line on this song says "I'm too scared to move". I would say that the next song "Go" is my least favorite song on the album. There isn't a real good reason why I don't like it, the song just doesn't hit the spot for me.

The next song on the album is "Make Me A Believer". This song starts strong with the wicked guitars, and it continues through the entire song. This song sounds similar to the others on the album, but I like this one better than the others! The last song on the album and also the most mellow song is "Breathe You In". Personally I love when TFK throws some slower and more mellow songs into their album, so I really enjoyed this song.

I am a big fan of Thousand Foot Krutch so I really enjoyed this album. I did wish there were more diversity in the songs, but I still liked the songs. Also I am not yet sure if it is good or bad, but the message wasn't always clear through the album, just thought I would throw that out there. I would give this album 4.5 stars.
  1. Absolute
  2. Slow Bleed
  3. The Art of Breaking
  4. Stranger
  5. Hurt
  6. Hand Grenade
  7. Move
  8. Hit the Floor
  9. Go
  10. Make Me a Believer
  11. Breathe You In

    No comments: