Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Good Idea. Now What? Book Review

Written by Charles Lee "Good Idea. Now What?" is a great tool to add to any ones book arsenal.


I found the title of this book intriguing. I have always enjoyed dreaming up ideas and plans. "Good Idea, Now What?" gives you a lot of pointers on how to properly execute your idea. After starting to read this book I thought it would be geared mainly towards business entrepreneurs, but that's not exactly the case. Although a lot of the information in this book pertains more towards starting a business, there are a lot useful tips for everyday ideas and manging your time.

I found that reading "Good Idea. Now What?" has actually helped me when it comes to blogging. There are different ideas that I have had for my blog that were just ideas, here one moment and gone the next. I didn't pursue them, because I wasn't sure if it would work out in the end. I also do a lot of reviews on my blog, and at times I get in over my head. I one chapter of this book Charles talks about how everyone has different times of the day when they function the best. For me I function the best between 1pm - 4pm and also 8pm - 12pm. So I have been trying to write the majority of my reviews between those times an it has actually helped a lot! For example, right now as I am writing this it is almost 9pm and I am functioning very well!


All in all I thought that "Good Idea. Now What?" was easy to understand and read. The chapters are very short, about 2 or 3 pages long, and that makes it easy to keep your spot in the book, if you have to stop reading. I would recommend this book to people who are serious about taking their ideas from just thoughts in their heads, to actually having the idea be a success, or at least giving it a shot!

No comments: