Saturday, March 24, 2012

Evan Craft - Giants Album Review

Signed to Dream Records, pop / rock musician Evan Craft releases his brand new album "Giants" on March 27th.


The album starts off with the fun song "The Sky Is Falling". I love the beat of this song, and I think it would be really cool in concert. I really like the lyrics in "The Sky Is Falling" when it says "Would you catch me if I fall / Cause I would hate to lose it all / And were you always with me all along". The next song "Fight Or Flea" is a short acoustic song, that acts like an intro to the self titled song "Giants". This song is one of my favorite songs on the album, I love the message it has plus the sound! The message that I got out of "Giants" is to not be intimidated by the giants in your life and instead stand up to them, like David and Goliath, because the bigger they are the harder they fall.

I absolutely LOVE the next song "Get Up". It has a great groove with an awesome beat, that you want to clap along with or at least tap your foot along with! I can already tell this song will be on repeat on my iPod. The next song "Broken Heart" has guest vocals by Qis Walker & Lauren Thurston. With the female vocals and also the rap, it adds a couple other dimensions to the song, which I thought was very cool. This song is one of my favorites on the album because of all the different sounds! The next song on the album is "Reclaim". This song has a good sound, but the best part in my opinion is the lyrics, that talk about the day when God comes and takes His kingdom back.


The next song "Human" also has some guest vocals, but on this song the guest vocals are by Jonathan Thulin. This song is a little slower with piano, but once again the lyrics are great, "The disease that plague the weary / Cut their life span/ Am I not thinking clearly / How is this God's plan /....... /And you say /......./ I know you think I'm late / But now you shine like gold / Here you are I have been waiting for you". The previous songs have leaned more towards the pop sound or a worship sound, but the next song "Fighting Gravity" is more of a rock song. Although this song doesn't seem like it totally fits with the other songs, I thought it was a good addition to mix things up a little.

Things slow back down with the next song on the album "Lay Me Down". This song is a great worship song, with the lyrics but also with the sound, it just has that worship feel to it. Like you should turn around and then you would see a group of people just praising God. The next song "Clarity" is more of an upbeat and fast paced song. This is yet another one of my favorite songs on the album, because of the energy it has and it is just exciting! The last song on the album, "No Hay Nadie" is a bonus song that is a preview of what is to come with Evan Craft. This song is in Spanish, which I thought was amazing! Although I am not fluent in Spanish, I thought this song sounded awesome, I just can't tell you what the lyrics are about! Although I know the name "No Hay Nadie" means "No One".

Although there were parts of this album that weren't perfect, I still loved it! I think that this album has the right blend of fun and energetic songs mixed with great vocals. "Giants" also has a good solid message throughout the entire album, which is very much appreciated. I really enjoyed this album, and in a lot of ways it reminded me of Tenth Avenue North, with the feel the music and lyrics had. I would give this album a 4.5/5 stars.

No comments: