Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Brigitte Donoho Interview

Brigitte Donoho is a really great worship artist that I had the honor to review her EP "Restored" (you can read the review here) and now I have the pleasure to interview her. My questions are in Purple and Brigitte's answers are in Blue.


How did God call you into this ministry? 

- I have been singing for as long as I remember but never dreamed that God would want to use someone like me in ministry. It was a gradual process of surrendering what my expectations were and what I wanted to see accomplished through my music and a realization that it was not my music but God's. I needed to use it to serve Him. Originally I wanted to go into secular music but the Lord kept shutting all of the doors. I had to let go and give it all to Him.

What is one thing that you wish you would have known before becoming a musician?
  
-I'm a mom and musician and it often becomes challenging to balance it all. Thankfully I am blessed to have a great support system. I have a very ministry minded husband and church family who support me every step of the way.  



What is your favorite verse and why?
-There are so many verses that are my favorites but this particular verse has been speaking to me lately. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to bring you hope and a future. Life is often unexpected and just knowing that the Lord is in control really puts my mind at ease. His ways are so far beyond what I could ever comprehend and just knowing that He holds my future is the most comforting thing.


Will you give us a couple of examples of how God has shown up in your life, when times were maybe dark or you were discouraged?
-God always knows what He is doing even when we don't see it. When I was pregnant with my son (Isaiah) I ran into alot of complications. I was rushed to the emergency room at 27 weeks because my placenta had ruptured sending me into preterm labor. It was really scary and all of my friends and family were praying. I was told I was told my womb had become a hostile environment and that I would probably have to have a C section because my placenta had moved so far down I could not have natural childbirth. Having him that early was very risky and I was told he would probably have a number of health problems. We kept praying and God in all His faithfulness turned the situation completely around. I was sent home and put on strict bedrest for the next few months. Two weeks later I had a checkup and was told they had no idea what had happened but my placenta had moved back to where it was supposed to be and everything was back on track. I knew how it happened, God! There was no other explanation! Isaiah was born at 39 weeks and is completely healthy and wonderful. Thank you Jesus!!


If you had one day where you could do anything, anywhere, what would you do?
-Hmmm...I have always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon. It would be incredible to take a hot air balloon around the world, but that would take more than one day:)


What is your favorite song on your album "Restored"?


-My favorite song would have to be "Blood Stained Tears"


How would you describe God to someone who has never heard of him?
 
 -As a best friend who loves you unconditionally. We have all done things that are wrong in our lives and yet Jesus chose to take our place and willingly die for each and everyone of us. There is no greater sacrifice.


Who have you always wanted to perform for?
 -When I get to heaven to be able to see Jesus face to face and sing His praises.


What is the message that you are trying to convey to your listeners?
 
-A message of Hope and Restoration. That no matter what you've done or how far from God you think you are you are never too far for God to forgive you. Often people think that they have to be perfect before they can come to God but God sees exactly where you are at and can move in your life. No matter what!


Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
-I would have to say my husband. He has really pushed me to pursue my music ministry and has been so supportive through it all.

  5 Random Bonus Questions!


1. What is your favorite color?
 -Turquoise


2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
 
 -the roadrunner from Looney Tunes...hey my parents said I could be whatever I wanted ;)
 

3. What is your favorite food?

-Sushi!!


4. What is something that is odd that you are afraid of?

 -Clowns, they are super creepy...


5. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
 -
a giraffe, I think their long necks are very elegant




Is there anything else you would like to add?


-Well I would like to thank you for the opportunity of having this interview. It is wonderful that you would take the time to interview a new artist like myself and I greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone would like to connect with me you can reach me through my website www.brigittedonoho.com or on facebook www.facebook.com/brigittedonohosmusic. Thank you again!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have only been around Brigitte a few times but what a beautiful and caring young lady she is!!! She sings so wonderful and with a lot of passion! I love your music!!!Terri