Thursday, November 3, 2011

Manic Drive - Epic Review

The title of this post is funny "Manic Drive - Epic Review" , but that is exactly how I would describe this album EPIC.



The album starts off with an intro to build up he anticipation, then it moves into "Count Of 1-2-3". This is a very fun song that gets you pumped up. The song is just about rocking out on the count of 1-2-3. I am sure this song would be a blast in concert. The second song on the album is "Halo". This song talks about rocking your Halo in a super fun way. The next song is "Epic". I love the sound of this song. This song has a lot of sounds that remind me of Family Force 5. Basically this song rocks out! It is one of my favorites on the album.cThe fourth song is "Good Times". This song is another fun one it has a great groove to it. This song reminds of summer, I know that isn't a very good description but its true. The fifth song is "Save A Life". This song slows things down as far as beat but not lyrics. This song asks you the question would you treat people different if you thought of them as a life to save. This song is very powerful and because of that it is one of my favorites on the album.


The next song on the album is "Microphone". When this song starts you can tell it is going to be great. This song rocks out and has some awesome sound effects! I really liked listening to this song it is probably the one on the album that I have played the most. The seventh song is "Money". This song has some cool TECHNO!!! Did I mention I like techno? I DO! This song is another one that would great in concert! It is just so fun! Plus it has good lyrics about not letting money be the main focus of life. This song could easily go mainstream....it sounds like something you would stop on when you hear it while flipping through the radio stations. I just love this song!!!! The next song is "Mountains". This song slows things down a little but it is a very good slow. This song talks about if you have faith you can move mountains. This is a very encouraging song, and it is more of a worship song. The ninth song is "Go Big Or Go Home". This song picks things back up with a fun techno sound. This song talks about taking a chance and going all in or in other words GO BIG OR GO HOME! The last song is "Positive Radio". I love the beat in this song. This song is saying thanks to positive radio and telling us to turn it up! It is another fun song!

Well I can honestly say this is one of my favorite albums I have ever reviewed. It is super fun and encouraging. I didn't want it to end!  I wasn't a fan of Manic Drive before this album and not because I didn't like their music but because I didn't know it. I am a fan now! I like all  kinds of music from Country to Rap to Gospel, but I have a special spot in me that loves Techno/Dance/Rock stuff. This album totally hit the spot! I would easily give this album a 5/5 stars! Great job Manic Drive! You can pick up your own copy of "Epic" here. You can also check out this awesome sound activated t-shirt! It is Shaweet!


Epic Track List
  1. Intro
  2. Count Of 1-2-3
  3. Halo
  4. Epic
  5. Good Times
  6. Save A Life
  7. Microphone
  8. Money
  9. Mountains
  10. Go Big Or Go Home
  11. Positive Radio

2 comments:

Halo_Rocker 0:] said...

Great review of the album! As a Maniac I'm ecstatic that you fell in love with the new CD and that it made you a fan of Manic Drive!

Samuel Cook said...

Great you liked the album! You might want to use a thesaurus to expand your vocabulary in this review. That's what I do whenever I'm writing for public consumption. It works great! just a suggestion...