Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Brigitte Donoho - Restored Review

Brigitte Donoho released her first EP "Restored" on June 4th.


The album starts off with a fun and energetic song, with beautiful vocals. One of my favorite parts in this song is towards the end because of the lyrics. I love the lines "Everything I've ever hoped for, Oh and so much more, Everything I've ever needed, Is right here in your presence". The next song on the album is "Your Name". This song has a good worship sound but the lyrics are what I really enjoy, because they describe how awesome God is. The next song "Blood-Stained Tears" is a very powerful and beautiful song. This song talks about all that Jesus went through just to save you. This is one of my favorite songs on the album because it reminds you of how much you are loved. The next song on the album is "Restored". My favorite part of this song would be the vocals, but it also has great lyrics that talk about God restoring you. The next song is "Mention Of Your Name". Just like the name says it talks about how powerful God is and how much better you feel after you hear His name. The next song on the album is "Save Me". This song is my favorite song on the album because of the lyrics. This song also has an energetic sound that is just enjoyable to listen to.


I was actually surprised when I listened to this album. I am not normally a big fan of female vocalists especially with slower worship music, but I actually really loved this album. I think one of the reasons might be that Brigitte doesn't have a really high voice like some female vocalists. The sound of Brigitte's voice on some of these songs reminds me of Alyssa from Barlow Girl. All in all this album is very powerful, and it is beautiful, but the lyrics are my favorite part. I would give this album a 4/5 stars.


I also had the opportunity to interview Brigitte you can read the interview here.

You can also check out Brigitte's

No comments: