Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Seventh Day Slumber - The Anthem Of Angels Review

Seventh Day Slumber released their newest album "The Anthem Of The Angels" yesterday (11/15/11).  


The album starts off with the classic Seventh Day Slumber rock/worship sound on the first song "Wasted Life". Then they slow things down with the next song "Love Came Down", this is definitely more of a worship song. The next song "One Mistake" is another slower song that talks about how sometimes you feel like if you make one more mistake that God will leave you. The next song "Addicted To My Pain" starts off with piano which makes you think that it is going to be slower like the previous song, but it turns out to be more of a rock song. Then "Never Too Far Gone" keeps up the momentum of the previous song with a rock/worship sound. This song talks about not buying into the lies that say that you are too far gone. Things slow down just a tad for the next song "Pieces". Then comes "Crash" which sounds a lot like the previous song. The next song "Back Where I Began" talks about not wanting to end up where you started. Then "Knows My Name" talks about how God knows you by name. One of the highlights of the album for me is "My Life". I like the lyrics and the sound of this song. The final song is a cover of  "How He Loves". I absolutely love this song so I was excited to see how Seventh Day Slumber would do with the song. I enjoyed most of it although the chorus didn't quite do it for me.


To be honest this album was okay, their were a couple songs I really liked but the rest just blurred together. I think after you hear a couple of songs on the album you have heard the album. That sounds bad because the message of the album is very powerful, but it is a lot like Seventh Day Slumber's previous albums. I would have to give this album a 2.5/5 stars.

No comments: