Monday, February 6, 2012

Worth Dying For - Live Riot Review

Worth Dying For releases their first live album tomorrow (2/7/12) called "Live Riot". I have the honor of reviewing it.

The album starts off with the intro song, that sounds like a poem, "Rebuild". Then it flows into a techno rock sounding song called "Arise". This song also features very beautiful female vocals. The next song is one of my favorites on the album, "Never Look Back". This song definitely has the live feel to it, and it is just a blast to listen to. It also has a great beat that makes you want clap along with it. "Freedom is Rising" is the next song, starting off with a killer guitar and drum mix that just sounds tough. I really enjoyed listening to this song all the way through. The next song "One Love" is another upbeat fun song that you want to sing along with. The lyrics of this song I really enjoyed as well, they talk about how much God loves us, and how beyond this world there is only ONE love. I absolutely love the next song "Love Riot", it has a techno/rock sound that is a RIOT! This song also has an anthem sound to it, with all the people singing along, it is really cool. Then it moves into the next song "The World Can't Take It away" which talks about how people can't take God away from us. This song is another lively song that has really powerful female vocals.Then things slow down a bit with the next song "Risen From The Grave". This song is slower but I still enjoyed listening to it, and the vocals are very nice as well.


The next song on the album is "Closer". This song is a a very gentle song yet powerful at the same time. My favorite lyrics in the song are, "No distance can keep me from you, Forever you found me, All my sin has drown in your grace, All of my past has been erased". The next song "All I Want", is another lovely song with female vocals. I love hearing the crowd sing along in this song it makes the song even more powerful. The next song "Higher" is about how great and powerful Jesus is. My favorite lines are "The nails couldn't keep you down, the Grave couldn't keep you in, Hell couldn't keep you out", because it gives you a perspective on just how powerful Jesus is. The next song "Send Your Glory Down" has more of an upbeat sound and I love the drums!!! The next song on the album is "Power Of Your Love" and this song talks about how much God loves us. My favorite lines in this song are "The power of your love saved me, Your love is all I need". The next song "Spirit Of God" is another really nice worship song. The next song "Light A Fire" is very cool live, because the audience sings part of it. The next song "Taking Back" has been stuck in my head for the last couple of days! I love the lyrics, "Through your victory, I can finally see, I'm taking back what the enemy has stolen from me, The battle has been won, Death was overcome". The next song "Savior" ends the album with a bang! I love the how the energy builds up at the beginning of the song.


This album reminded me a lot Hillsong, which I thought was cool. I really enjoyed the variety of music in this album. Although towards the end the songs started blurring together. I am sure alot of that is because of it being a live album and they play the songs in a certain way so that is how they put them on the album. All in all I really enjoyed listening to the album and not just the music but the lyrics as well. I would give this album a 4/5 stars. 

Worth Dying For is on Facebook, so make sure you check out their page!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I had never heard of Worth Dying For before reading your review. Although I'm not a huge fan of Hillsong, I'm gonna check out "Live Riot" and see if I like it :)