Sunday, September 22, 2013

Candice Russell - So Much More Album Review

Candice Russell got her start singing in her parents church and now at the young age of 21 she is an American Idol veteran. That is right, Candice was on American Idol (Season 11) and she made it all the way to the Hollywood episode! Now she has a new album out titled "So Much More".



This album "So Much More" showcase some real talent! Candice has an amazing voice that sounds effortless when she sings. I typically don't enjoy listening to female vocalists because a lot of times they have this tone that is way too high pitched, like nails on a chalkboard. However I really do like the sound of Candice's voice! 

Lyrically each song on this album tells a story. Most of the songs talk about relationships, the good and the bad. My favorite song on the album is "Too Into You". The song talks about this person who is too into them self to care about anyone else. I mainly like "Too Into You" because of the sound though. It has more of an upbeat rock sound with some attitude that I really, really like.


This album would fall into categories like pop and country, similar to artists like Taylor Swift or Kelly Clarkson. I was quite surprised that I liked this album as much as I did. It was like the more I listened to it the more I got hooked. This album wouldn't be a top album for me personally, because I like a little more rock in albums like this.

However, I really enjoyed this album, and I thought it was very well executed. The songs all seem to flow together yet they each have their own identity. This album isn't perfect, but it is close! haha Overall a really great album, and I recommend that you check out! Especially if you are a fan of pop or country music this is a must hear album! 


  1. Escape
  2. So Much More
  3. Someday
  4. Loved By You
  5. Too Into You
  6. Good Luck With That
  7. When I See You
  8. My Friend
  9. Remember
  10. Summer Nights

2 comments:

The King's Son said...

Hi there COurtney,

Enjoyed reading this review and would definitely check out this album. Keep up the good work :)

- @ayostephens

Courtney Osterman said...

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! =)