Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Warr Acres - Hope Will Rise Album Review

Today DREAM Records artist, Warr Acres released their sophomore album "Hope Will Rise".


The album starts with the upbeat pop/dance song "Pulse". This song has a lot energy that is infectious! You can't help but tap your foot or sing along during the "Oh's" in the chorus! Jonathan Thulin from Press Play does some guest vocals on the second song "Freedom Fall". This song also has that rhythmic beat that I can't help but nod my head along with! Having Jonathan sing on this song along with the beat and energy, it sounds very similar to something you might hear from Press Play.


Similar to Hillsong, Warr Acres doesn't have just one lead singer, they all take turns. This really helps to add to the diversity of the album and mix it up so that each song really sounds different. Sometimes you might get a fun upbeat pop sounding song like "Pulse", and then later on you will get a powerful worship song like "Hope Will Rise". That is one thing that I absolutely loved about this album, no two songs sound the same. Warr Acres is always changing it up on you and you're never quite sure what to expect.


Lyrically "Hope Will Rise" is a fantastic worship album, that also challenges listeners. On of my favorite songs on the album is "So Much Greater". The chorus of the song says "I wanna know so much greater, about my God my creator. I wanna fall so much deeper in love, with you. I wanna run so much faster, to where You are, You're all I'm after, I wanna live a life completely in awe of you." I really love this song, I am even going to try to get my church to play it! 

All in all I thought that this album was fantastic! There was a lot of diversity musically, and it was lyrically solid. I would say that this album is up to caliper of that of Hillsong. There was just a lot of talent showcased in this album, from the writing of the music to the execution of playing it. I was very impressed by this album, and I can't wait to see what else Warr Acres has in store for us! 

I would recommend this album to fans of: Hillsong, Press Play, Worth Dying For, or Barlow Girl.


  1. Pulse
  2. Freedom Fall (Feat. Jonathan Thulin)
  3. Light Up The Night
  4. Beautifully Complete
  5. This Beautiful Life
  6. Hope Will Rise
  7. Lovesick (Feat. Cindy Cruse Ratcliff)
  8. So Much Greater
  9. Come To Jesus
  10. All Around 
  11. Psalm 27
  12. Nobody Else
  13. Linger
  14. Here At Your Feet

No comments: