Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Press Play - #LITO Album Review

Press Play released their new album #LITO on October 1st, 2013. #LITO is Press Play's fourth studio album.


The album starts off with the self titled single "#LITO". This song sets the tone for the album with a fun pop/dance beat, catchy lyrics and a message of love. This song also solves the mystery of the album title, the chorus of the song says "This is your life, your chance to Love In The Open", so #LITO stands for Love In The Open.



This album has a great blend of fun dance songs and lyrically encouraging and challenging songs. For example "Love Audio" has a lot of energy and great beat that makes you want to move. Then there is "Song For The Broken" which is a little slower, but has a very  encouraging message for those who are hurting or lost. So there is really something for everyone on this album.


My favorite album that Press Play has released so far would be "NY2LA", however this album is definitely in the running for the top Press Play album in my book. Maybe over time I will love "#LITO" even more than "NY2LA" but for now it will have to take second place. Still it is nice to hear some new music from Press Play that is comparable to the old stuff that I loved. I definitely like the direction that this album is heading and I hope that Press Play continues to influence people with their message of Love In The Open.

All in all I was very pleased with this album. It has a great sound and message. My only negative is that the songs are quite repetitive. The album would've been a lot shorter if they didn't repeat the song lyrics so much. However since the songs are repetitive they are quite catchy, so I guess it is just a catch-22 situation. I would definitely recommend this album though, especially if you are already a fan of Press Play!

Recommended for fans of: Group 1 Crew, Beckah Shae or Manic Drive.


  1. #LITO
  2. Force Of Nature
  3. Love Audio
  4. Song for the Broken
  5. Snap A Picture
  6. Top of the World
  7. Android
  8. I Can Breathe
  9. Wonder Struck
  10. I Choose
  11. NY2LA (David Thulin Remix)
  12. #LITO (David Thulin Remix)

No comments: