Saturday, October 26, 2013

7eventh Time Down - Just Say Jesus Album Review

7eventh Time Down released their second studio album "Just Say Jesus" on September 3rd. I loved the bands debut album, so I was very excited about the release of "Just Say Jesus".


The album draws you in right from the beginning with the rock song "Wait For You". Hearing the song for the first time I was instantly hooked! I was already a fan of 7eventh Time Down's music prior to reviewing this album, so I had somewhat high expectations for this album. I am very happy to report that I was not by any means disappointed by this album.



7eventh Time Down just continues to impress with "Just Say Jesus". The album is full of meaningful and heartfelt lyrics that listeners can really connect to. There is a great balance of the milder rock music with more of a worship feel, and the energetic rock that just pumps you up! I can't decide which is my favorite either... I typically lean more to the energetic rock, but I am torn with this album. I just love it all! Plus lead singer Mikey Howard can sing anything and make it sound good! The vocals are definitely one of things that makes this album so strong.


A huge thing that I love about this album is that the songs are mostly rock influenced, but at the same time the message is not lacking. In a lot of cases, with Christian bands in particular, you either get a great sounding rock band with a hidden or lacking message, or you get a band that is lyrically solid but musically lacking. However that is not the case with 7eventh Time Down. This album has a great rock sound while at the same time it is encouraging and challenging the listeners with the lyrics.

Being completely honest, in my opinion "Just Say Jesus" is the best album of the year! That is saying a lot since there were a lot of great albums released this year, including "Rise" by Skillet and "Release The Panic" by RED. "Just Say Jesus" just hit all the right notes for me! I have listened to it at least 10 times already and I still love it. I highly recommend that you get this album!

I can't wait to hear more music from 7eventh Time Down!!!


Track List

  1. Wait For You
  2. The One I'm Running To
  3. Just Say Jesus
  4. Good Life
  5. Hurricanes
  6. Nothing To Give
  7. Shadow 
  8. Religious And Famous
  9. Free
  10. Renegade
You can find 7eventh Time Down on: Facebook, Twitter, and their website.

No comments: