Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fireflight Guitarist Justin Cox Leaves The Band

Fireflight announced Friday October 4th, that guitarist Justin Cox will be leaving the band. The message that the Fireflight posted on Facebook is below.


Justin Cox is center right, next to lead singer Dawn Michele.


"FAREWELL AND MANY THANKS TO JUSTIN….

It is with heavy and bittersweet hearts that we say farewell to our original lead guitarist, friend and brother Justin Cox. After taking some time off of the road for the past few months, Justin has made the tough yet admirable decision to leave Fireflight and the road to be a husband and father to his growing family. Justin has issued a leaving statement to you, the fans…..

"Hey everyone! A lot of you may have noticed that I've not been playing with Fireflight for the last few months. I've been on a break from the band since January to figure out what I need to do with the band and my life in general.

In the last two years, I have been through a lot of trials. My wife, Jessica, who was our merch person for a long time, had to leave the road for health reasons, which was very difficult for me. She was diagnosed anorexic, which helped birth the song "He Weeps," as some of you may have figured out. Since then, she has recovered from a lot of the health issues related to it and we are now expecting our first child this year!

In addition to struggling with having joy in touring, I realized that I needed to take steps to make sure that my family was taken care of first and foremost. After much prayer and consideration, I decided that I needed to stay home and be the best husband and soon to be father I could be.

I love and miss every single one of you. My life has been enriched and blessed beyond my wildest dreams by your stories, your hearts and your love. I never imagined that I would ever be able to do the things I've done in Fireflight, and feel so honored that God allowed me to. Many dreams I've had have come true, and I can only thank God and each one of YOU for that.

Fireflight's music will always be very special to me as it helped me grow into the person I am today.

Thank you so much for always being the most passionate fans in Christian music. You all kept me going when I was down, and I will always remember that."

Justin

Justin has been a part of Fireflight for almost 14 years, since the very beginning. From jamming and dreaming in the living room of Glenn and Wendy's tiny 1 bedroom apartment to playing arenas to thousands all over the world, as well as receiving several Dove nominations and a Grammy nomination. Justin's uplifting spirit, dedication and creativity helped to form the Fireflight that thousands of fans in the U.S. and many different countries have come to love. Please join us in wishing Justin many blessings in all of his future endeavors! You can post your well wishes on our Facebook, we're sure he would love to hear from you. Stay tuned for more exciting Fireflight news to come!"

1 comment:

Richard bradshaw Ormond beach said...

Fireflight will never be the same with out you love the older stuff with you not so much with the new stuff sorry ...that you had to step away from the band .but they need you ...