Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Spoken - Illusion Album Review


Spoken released a brand new album yesterday called Illusion.



This album definitely grabs your attention from the beginning with the aggressive rock songs Stand Alone & Beneath The Surface. These songs along with Accuser and the self titled track Illusion, start right off with the in your face rock/metal. Which I love! There is also a softer side to the album, which still has a great sound but it tends to focus more on the lyrics and message.



The thing I really like about this album is that there is a good mixture of everything. There are the hardcore in your face rock songs and then there are the softer rock songs which I like just as much or even more than the hardcore songs! I am one of those people who is always changing the Cd's in the car because I like changing up the sound and with this album I don't have to do this.




I would say that just about every song on this album has a good message. It seems like quite often in music, bands focus more on making the song sound good and kind of neglect the power that the lyrics have. Thankfully that wasn't the case for this album. My favorite songs for the lyrics are Take Everything, Calm The Storm and Tonight.

All in all I really enjoyed this album, and I would highly recommend it to rock or hard rock fans. I would give this album 4 stars.


No comments: