Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sanctus Real - Run Album Review

Sanctus Real released their 6th studio album Run, on February 5th. 



I was a little worried about the release of Run, since Sanctus Real's last album (Pieces Of A Real Heart), was so widely received and it was just a really good album. I was afraid that Run wouldn't measure up, but I was pleasantly surprised. This album isn't perfect, but it is really, really good. Sanctus Real definitely knows what they are doing.


Run is a very well balanced album, with some rock sounding songs, some mellow worship music and some pop. Songs like the title track "Run" and "Nothing Between" showcase the fun beats and energy that the album has. However I would say that the album mainly has a more mellow songs that have a good sound, but musically don't exactly stand out.





As far as the lyrics of the album, Run definitely has a hopeful message. The song "On Our Own" says "We gotta keep our eyes on true hope / Set our hearts on our heavenly home". I would say that so far my favorite song lyrically is "Commitment". This song talks about being married and staying committed to your spouse. It is a really beautiful song and a great message that this world needs.


I really enjoyed listening to this album. I am definitely going to be adding this CD to my collection. Run was even better than I expected, and I highly recommend it. I would give this album 4.5 stars out of 5. A near perfect score!

You can find Sanctus Real on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

No comments: