Saturday, March 15, 2014

Micah DeMass

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing through artists on NoiseTrade, and I came across Micah DeMass. I checked out his music and I was really impressed!! The songs seemed very genuine, and they sounded really good. I was particularly impressed by Micah's song "Satisfied". After listening to more of his music I was very intrigued, so I contacted Micah to learn more. I ended up interviewing him, and I wanted to share the interview with you today! 



Can you give us a little background history on how you got started playing music?

I started when I was pretty young, playing piano. After I penned my first few songs as a young teenager, I knew that songwriting/singing was my dream job and by God’s grace, I knew I could really influence people by it.


Who are some of your musical influences?

Rich Mullins, Matthew West, Luke Cyrus


What instruments do you play?

Piano is the only instrument that I play well. Let’s leave it at that lol


What do you hope listeners will get from listening to your music?

I want to inspire people. I hope that ultimately my music encourages my listeners to draw near to God.


Where do you typically get your inspiration for writing a song?

Most often my inspiration comes from passages of scripture. Then I build on those concepts with life experiences. But that’s a tough question, because I can never tell when I’ll be moved to write a song about something. It’s happened at church, riding in a van, driving my car … haha. And quite often as I’m about to fall asleep.


How does your family inspire you, in everyday life, as well as in your music?

I’d say, the biggest contribution my family has on my music is helping it be real. Some things are so easy to say, and yet so hard to live up to. My family really helps me to understand the work that’s involved in accomplishing your goals, and it’s important to me for my songs to communicate with my listeners in a down-to-earth sort of way and yet inspire them to live in an out-of-this-world sort of way.




What is the best piece of advice that you have ever been given?

 "Be a blessing." It’s so basic, but we still forget it. And it’s really what life is all about.


What is something that you feel God has been trying to show/teach you recently?

You reap what you sow. And often times that verse is more specific than you might imagine. 



Five Random Bonus Questions

1. What is your favorite band? 

 Matthew West! His music is so encouraging and inspiring.


2. If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why? 

Flash! I could practically teleport! I wouldn’t have to pay for transportation, and I’d stay in pretty good shape lol. I could also get certain chores done really quick, such as washing dishes.


3. Do you have any pets? 

None that belong to me, but my siblings have owned cats, dogs and birds.


4. If you had one day to do anything, anywhere, what would you do?

I’d go snowboarding in Colorado!


5. What is something that most people don't know about you?

I’m oversensitive lol. But at least I know that about myself, so I can deal with it pretty well. But being brutally honest, that’s the main thing people don’t know about me.


Below is video of Micah playing his song "Satified". Make sure you check it out! Also if you head over to NoiseTrade you can check more Micah's music, and stay tuned because there is more new music coming! >>> noisetrade.com/micahdemass 


You can connect with Micah DeMass on:



1 comment:

El said...

Amazing and Unique Songs About God.

Very thought provoking song and the relationship of Jesus and his Father and John Calvin