Monday, June 18, 2012

Reform The Resistance - The Truth Is Dangerous Album Review

Today I am reviewing "The Truth Is Dangerous" by Reform The Resistance.


The album starts with the hard rock song "Kill Lies". Starting off a little mysterious, this song introduces you to the sound of RTR. There are some classic rocking guitars, great and unique vocals, along with a killer drum beat. The chorus is also very catchy, which I liked. The next song on the album is "Tonight We Ride". Although this song still has an edgy sound, it is more laid back and and mellow than the previous song. I like listening to this song, it has grown on me quite a bit since first hearing it.

Then there is an instrumental called "Depressed But Alive". Although the sound of this instrumental was interesting and cool to listen to, I didn't really see the need for this right here. With a calm start which is kind of sad sounding is the song "Starlight". This song wasn't my favorite on the album because it seemed quite repetitive and slow. However after hearing it a few times it grew on me and I enjoy it even more now.

Next is a song with one of the longest names I have seen, "Are You One Of Us Or Are You One Of Them". From the start of the song it had a great sound, that sort of drew me in. With some techno/futuristic sound effects the beginning of the song is great! Then half way through it slows down, which is a little odd at first but then it gives the music a chance to build back up again which I love!

The next song on the album is "Mercy In Blood". This song has a hard core rock sound which is awesome! However being this far into the album and not really hearing that many amazing lyrics is a little disappointing. Starting off slow with a little bit of rap, is the song "The Present Darkness". Okay now I may have spoke too soon about the lyrics....because this song improves lyrically quite a bit! The lyrics talk about fight for your rights, and not bowing down to anyone but God.



Then there is another instrumental called "Midnight Session" that features a great beat, but once again it is short and slightly out of place. The nest song "If I Can Survive" is probably my favorite song on the album. This song has energy, a little bit of screaming, but most important a hopeful message. The next song on the album is "You". This song is more laid back but has a great message. I actually really the more mellow sound with the vocals, they can really shine.

Keeping with the calm and slower sound is "We Belong Together". This song is another one of my favorites! It has a nice and professional dramatic sound....I know that is a weird way to describe it! The song simply sounds like it needs to be in a movie! Either way it was a great way to end the album.

The album started off a little rough for me, it almost was like the first half of the album was by a different band than the second half. However by the end of the album I was hooked! This album could have a little better arranging, but I still enjoyed it. I would give it 3.5 stars out of 5.




No comments: