Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Matthew West - The Story Of Your Life Album Review

Today I am reviewing "The Story Of Your Life" by Matthew West.




The album starts off with the self titled track "The Story Of Your Life". This song has a great upbeat sound, with some fun drum beats and a catchy chorus. The lyrics talk about how living your life is like telling your own story. So what do you want your story to be? I really love the next song "My Own Little World". What I love so much about this song is how bold and inspiring it is, by challenging listeners to reach out beyond their own little world.

The next song on the album is "Strong Enough". This is a very popular song and I can see why! With an amazing worship sound this song talks about admitting that you can't do everything, you aren't always strong enough. That is okay though because God is there helping you through those hard times. The next song "Family Tree" talks about exactly that. The lyrics of the song are hopeful telling listeners that their past and even their families past doesn't define who they are, and who they can be.

I have been focusing quite a bit on the lyrics, so for the next song "To Me" I will try to focus mainly on the sound. Okay, so this song has a very relaxing and what I would describe as pleasant sound. With beautiful acoustic guitars and amazing vocals, this song is a great pick me up. The next song on the album is "One Less". This song continues with the encouragement in the lyrics. Plus there is a very neat choir part toward the end that I just love!




The next song "Two Houses" talks about a family that has been split up by divorce. The song deals with the difficulties of having two houses but no home, but yet it also reminds us that God is right there helping us through the hard times. Picking up the pace a little musically is the song "Survivors". This song has a fun beat with some catchy "Oh's" which help to make this song one of my favorites on the album.

The next song on the album is called "Broken Girl". This song is incredibly powerful, with a hopeful message accompanied by some intense piano and guitar. As the title suggests, the next song "The Reason For The World" gives you some examples of why stuff happens & also the reason for the world. This song seems to me like something every adult 5yr old needs to hear. This song is for those who have all the questions, like why would a loving God let all this bad happen, etc. Finishing out the album is song "Healing Has Begun". This song reminds us of God's grace and mercy, also how it pertains to everyone even you! So let go of all your baggage!

I had heard of Matthew West many times before reviewing this album. I had even heard some of his music but I didn't know it was him. Boy, was I missing out! Matthew West is a truly talented artist and from what I can tell by his lyrics, he also has a great heart. I absolutely loved this album and I highly recommend it. I would give "The Story Of Your Life" 4.5 stars!

No comments: