Saturday, April 6, 2013

John Degrazio - Songs From The Warzone Album Review


John Degrazio formerly of Burlap to Cashmere has released a new album titled "Songs From The Warzone".




John has more of a classical music background, which translates throughout this album. However there are also some pop/rock influences in the music as well. With the album title being Songs From The Warzone, I sort of expected a powerful/anthem sounding album. This album has a different feel, not bad but it wasn't quite what expected. It still accurately fits the name Songs From The Warzone, but it plays more on the tragic/heart ache side and then eventually the triumphant side. So it all depends on how you interpret the album I suppose.


Musically this album is a little more laid back, and somewhat comforting. Lyrically this album takes you on more of an emotional roller coaster, through all the ups and downs. In my opinion I would say that one of the albums drawbacks is that after listening to it for a while the songs start to sound quite similar and the album kind of blurs together.

Honestly this album isn't necessarily my cup of tea. I lean more towards harder rock music, and although this album does have some rock influences it is more laid back and classical then what I am normally looking for. There are a couple songs on this album that I think are pretty good though. So depending on what kind of music you listen to, you might really love this album.


Above is the album opener "100 Out Of 100 Times". 

No comments: