Friday, April 12, 2013

God's Not Dead Book Review

In the book "God's Not Dead" author Rice Broocks tackles many issues and questions that Christians and atheists have with Christianity. Rice tackles difficult topics like "why do bad things happen?", "what is the purpose of life?" and many more. Basically he breaks it down and explains how it is logical to believe in God, and it is actually illogical not to.





Starting of reading "God's Not Dead" I was fascinated by how much evidence there is to back up God's existence, but I was also slightly overwhelmed. There is a ton of useful and very important information in this book, and I felt like I couldn't grasp it all just reading through the book once. However it then occurred to me that I don't need to know it all now, and after that little revelation, then it was smooth sailing.

I enjoyed how many quotes and testimonies were scattered throughout the book. I really liked reading about people who were atheists and then after researching or talking to someone, they realized that the only logical answer to their questions was found in God and Christianity.


Prior to reading "God's Not Dead" I hadn't done much studying of the reasons why God exists. I have pretty much always just believed He did, but I didn't have a whole lot of knowledge to back up my beliefs. I am very glad that I did end up reading this book, because now I have the knowledge to back up what I believe and to share it with others in a whole new way.

All in all I really enjoyed reading this book. I am sure I will have to re-read it a couple times just to refresh my memory and make sure that I got everything. I would highly recommend this book!




No comments: