Friday, November 30, 2012

Julie Gurel - Your Amazing Heart Album Review


Julie Gurel released a brand new album called "Your Amazing Heart", on November 14th. I recently was introduced to Julie's music, and I was pleasantly surprised.





The album starts off with the song "Nothing Can Shake Me". This song is a good introduction to Julie's music. With an upbeat and fun sound, this song also has a empowering message. The next song is called "Beautiful Saviour". This song starts off more mellow, but it picks up throughout. On this song you can really hear how beautiful the vocals are! Julie has an amazing voice, that is for sure!

"Penetrate My Heart" is the next song on the album. This song has a good sound, but the message behind it is so much more. The chorus says "I will close my eyes / Let you penetrate my heart / I will yield my life to you".  The next song "Your Amazing Heart" sounds like an instant classic. There are a lot of powerful and beautiful worship songs available today, and that just makes even harder for musicians to try to come up with something original yet classic. For me this song was dead on.

Bringing some energy is the next song "Holy You Are". This song is one of the more energetic on the album, and it just celebrates God and how great He is. The next song on the album is called "Because". This song has a great chorus that says "Because your mighty in power / Because I know that you love me / Because I trust in you Lord / I can be still". "Jesus, There's No Sweeter Name" is the next song on the album. This song has a wonderful sound and it is easy to sing along with.

The next song "You Are So Good" has a sound that is somewhat similar to the others on the album, it doesn't stand out to me at least. As the title of the song suggests, lyrics talk about how God is so good.
As soon as the next song "Waves Of Mercy" started I knew I would like it. This song has a good sound with the beat and guitars, it is upbeat and fun. Finishing off the album is the song "It's The Goodness". This song is not only beautiful musically, but lyrically as well. This song is a nice way to end the album.

To be completely honest this album surprised me quite a bit. I was expecting it to be okay or average for a smaller artist, but I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed this album a lot more than I thought I would. The music is great and the vocals are amazing and beautiful. Lyrically it is quite creative and original. All in all I really enjoyed it and will listen to it for a while to come. I would give this album 4 stars.



No comments: