Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Beautiful Mess - Words Getting Around EP Review

  Beautiful Mess is a Christian rock/worship band from Syracuse, NY. They just recently released their debut EP Words Getting Around. I had the chance to interview the band and ask them about the new EP, you can read that HERE. I was also able to preview the album, so that I can let you know what I think.




  The EP starts off with the upbeat and catchy song, Holding On. The song talks about how God is always there for you, and he won't let go. I found this song to be very encouraging and calming. You know when you have those times where you feel overwhelmed and like you can't handle it anymore? Well Holding On reminds that God has always been there, and He will always be there for us.

  Through out this EP, I really appreciated the fact that every song really had a strong and clear message. None of the songs were overtly "preachy" but they all contained words of inspiration or encouragement that you could tell were inspired by the bands walk with God.


I would have to say that my favorite song on the EP is Crazy. I really like the upbeat sound that has you tapping your foot along. Plus the overall message of the song I really loved! It was equal parts inspiring and challenging.

"What if what seemed crazy really was true, 
Would it change what you say and what you do?
'Cause it's staying the same that is insane
Wasting time playing that same old game
What if your dreams really came true, 
Would it change what you say and do?"

All in all I really enjoyed this EP. For it being Beautiful Mess' debut EP, I was very impressed. They definitely have a lot of talent when it comes to writing and playing music. Words Getting Around is not a perfect EP, but it is a great start! I would definitely recommend that you check out the song below, and if you like Beautiful Mess' sound and message, be sure to pick up a copy of their EP.




You can connect with Beautiful Mess on: 

No comments: