Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tidewater - The Beautiful Life EP Review

I hadn't heard of Tidewater until recently, but still I didn't have an idea of the music until reviewing this EP. Tidewater is made up of Brett Allen, Brett Allen oh yeah and Brett Allen. You guessed it Tidewater is a one-man band. I have the pleasure of reviewing Tidewater's new EP "The Beautiful Life".


The first song on the EP is "Not Just Any Love". I love the vocals in this song, and the feel of the music. When your listening to this music it just seems peaceful. This talks about Gods love for us. My favorite lines in the song are "It's love not just any love, The love of a father for his daughter and his son... No matter where you are, love finds you there... You don't need to change to be wanted right here". The next song on the EP is "The Beautiful Life". This song is a fun upbeat pop song, that is great for just enjoying life. I am sure this song would be alot of fun in concert. I really enjoyed listening to this song, and after only hearing it 2 times I couldn't stop singing it! The last song on the EP is "Desire". I absolutely love the groove that this song has. It is a very fun song that I have listened to over 10 times already.


I really enjoyed listening to the songs on this EP, I am normally not a big fan of pop music but I liked this. Although I am not sure I would call this pop music. It is more like you somehow mix rock with worship and some techno, top it off with some unique vocals and BAM you have Tidewater. I am a sucker for the vocals in music, I love unique vocals like NEEDTOBREATHE for instance, and I really enjoyed the vocals on these songs. The only bad thing I have to say is that there are only 3 songs! I will just have to wait until the full album comes out. Tidewater is definitely a band you are going to want to keep an eye on. I would easily give this EP a 4.5/5 stars.

Also make sure you check out Tidewater on Facebook.

1 comment:

Kevin Gales said...

Hey Courtney. I'm Kevin, and I produced Tidewater's EP. Sure wanted to reach out and thank you for such a well thought out and kind review. Just awesome. Both Brett and I are super grateful for your time, and for being so gracious. All the best. KG