Tuesday, October 14, 2014

We Are Leo - Fightback Soundtrack Album Review

  We Are Leo announced that they had signed to DREAM Records back in March. The band released their sophomore album Fightback Soundtrack today! I was a fan of We Are Leo's previous release Hello, so I was excited to hear that they were releasing a new album.




  Fightback Soundtrack kicks off with a song titled Yours4Sure. Instantly I was excited to hear that We Are Leo stuck to their sound, and that signing with a new label didn't change them. Yours4Sure is just the start of an album bursting at the seams with the fun electronic pop sound that we've come to know and love from We Are Leo.

  Although Fightback Soundtrack is reminiscent of the bands previous release Hello, it is by far better. We Are Leo has definitely honed their talents since their last album, and it shows. The overall message of this album is a lot clearer, and the sound is a lot more polished. Now when I say polished, I don't mean an ordinary radio single that you hear over and over and get sick of because they all sound the same. I mean that the bands unique sound is still in tact, it's just better!


  Personally, I wish that they were a few more dance songs with strong beats and a lot of bass on the album, but that is just what I am into. However, there are a few songs on the album that you just can't help but bob your head or tap your foot to. For instance, the self titled song Fightback Soundtrack has a really cool techno sound and dance beat that just makes you want to move. Plus some of the sound effects remind of the ones on the old Nintendo games, which I LOVE. 

  The song Epic has a very fitting title, the song is indeed epic! Seriously, this song is DOPE!!! It's by far my favorite on the album. Epic definitely has more of the energetic clubbing dance sound, that just makes you want to crank up the radio and dance. It reminds me of something you might hear from Black Eyed Peas, except without the female vocals. I can't wait to hear We Are Leo play Epic live, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome!


  Along with We Are Leo having a great sound, they also have a great heart and that is really shown through the lyrics of this album. For example, I really liked the song Phoenix. The song talks about how when you feel like you are at the bottom and you feel like giving up, God is still there. He will never leave leave you, and you will rise again like a Phoenix. Maybe I'm overly imaginative or poetic, but I can picture this scene of rising from the ashes as the song describes at it is very inspiring, to me at least.

 Honestly Fightback Soundtrack was a lot better than I expected! This album is not perfect, but just seeing how far We Are Leo has come since their previous release is very exciting and inspiring to me! Hopefully they keep working hard and growing, while staying true to themselves. I can't wait to see what else God has in store for this great group of guys.

You can buy Fightback Soundtrack on iTunes here.


You can connect with We Are Leo on:





No comments: