Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Shelly Moore - Unraveling Album Review




Shelly Moore is singer/songwriter based out of Raleigh, NC. Shelly recently released a new album titled "Unraveled". I got a chance to check out the album and I was really impressed. I typically lean more towards male vocalists, but I thought I would give Shelly's music a shot anyway. I was surprised by how much I actually liked this album!


The album opens up with the song "Anchor", which has a really cool and mysterious sound that I have trouble explaining... It kind of reminds me of something you might hear on a Sherlock Holmes movie! Haha Anyway the whole album has a mysterious, yet at the same time a comforting sound. "Unraveling" is one of those albums that you listen to while stressed or worried, and it just slowly melts it all away and calms you. 



One of my favorite songs on the album is a song called "Ready". I love the sound of this song, but the fact that I can so easily connect with this song is what makes it my favorite. The song starts off by saying...

 This heart in me wanders

Looking for other loves to fulfill
the desire of choice today
What is this on my plate
The battle's getting harder now

I must choose this day
Whom I will serve
Know where my allegiance lies
and fight this fight


All in all I thought that "Unraveling" was a fantastic album! Shelly has an amazing and unique voice, that especially when paired with the piano or acoustic guitar, it really shines. Also I was really able to connect with the songs on this album, so I am definitely a fan of the songwriting. I would highly recommend this album, and I can't wait to hear more music from Shelly in the future, or maybe even catch her in concert sometime!

Below is a music video for Shelly Moore's title track "Unraveling". Check it out, and if you like it be sure to share it with your friends.


You can can connect with Shelly Moore on:




No comments: