Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jars Of Clay - Inland Review

Jars Of Clay released their 11th studio album today titled "Inland". My review of the album is below.



Jars of Clay has been creating music for nearly 20 years. Their style has matured a lot since their first album "Frail" released in 1994. They have a very unique sound that is difficult to accurately describe. Jars of Clay could fall into the categories of acoustic rock or eclectic worship, however that still doesn't capture all that is Jars of Clay. 

One thing that I appreciate about this album is how each song tells a story. The messages through out the album cover things like: forgiveness, never giving up and being set free. The last song on the album, which is also the title track "Inland", to me says that even though we may wander God is always there for us and calling us back to Him.




Until reviewing this album I wasn't very familiar with Jars of Clay's music. I had heard some of their songs on the radio, but I had never really listened to one of their albums. So even though the band has been around for almost 20 years, this was my first real taste of their music. With that being said, I think this album would appeal to people who like a laid back acoustic jazz vibe. 

Have you listened to "Inland" yet? What do you think of it? Leave your opinions in the comments below! 





No comments: