I am giving away a set of 4 one day tickets to The Unity Christian Music Festival. Some of the bands playing at the festival are Switchfoot, Newsboys, Anthem Lights, Matthew West, Stellar Kart, VOTA, Kutless, Michael W. Smith, Barlow Girl, Tenth Avenue North and many more. You can check out the schedule of all of the bands Here. The festival is at Heritage Landing in Muskegon MI on August 11 - 13. August 10th is Unity Christian Music Festival's FREE DAY. No Cost, No Tickets, No Problem. (Yeah just made that up) On the FREE DAY Barlow Girl, Kutless and Reilly will be there.
To Enter the giveaway all you have to do is leave a comment telling me what band that will be at Unity Christian Music Festival you want to see most.
That is it! Pretty easy, right? Also make sure that you leave some form of contact info so that I can inform you if you win. The giveaway ends at 9pm EST on Sunday July 31st. If you have any question feel free to email me at email@example.com. Make sure you tell your friends!
I also had the honor to ask Barlow Girl a few questions....
My Questions are in Blue and the answers are in Orange .
Alyssa, the bass/piano player and leader vocalist of BarlowGirl, answered these.
1. Who inspired you to play music?
We grew up in a musical family. Dad was a musician and mom made us take lessons.
2. Where is your favorite place you have played and why?
It's always hard to pick just one but Holland was probably one of our most memorable experiences and our first show outside of the U.S
3. Being a musician with a lot of fans, how do you do to keep yourself humble?
We surround ourselves with people who knew us before music and who love to make sure our heads don't get big.
4. If you had one day where you could do anything, anywhere, what would you do?
Lauren- swim With Dolphins in Bora Bora
Becca- scuba dive in the great barrier reef
Alyssa- I'd star as Millie on Broadway in Thoroughly Modern Millie
5. When you aren't playing a show or traveling, what do you enjoy doing?
Staying home spending time with family and just relaxing
6. What is one of the strangest things that has happened while on tour?
Trying foods in different places has been interesting. Becca even tried chicken heart in Brazil. Lauren did not approve.
7. Will you give us a couple of examples of how God has shown up in your life, when times were maybe dark or you were discouraged?
This question brings up hundreds of stories cause throughout our entire lives there have been countless times God has revealed Himself in the midst of our need. Staying desperate for Him is the key- in good times and in hard times.
8. Do you have any advice for someone who wants to be a musician?
Practice, be willing to work hard. Don't ever make fame your goal, you'll always be disappointed. Just be called and let God take you where He wants.
9. What is one thing that you wish you would have known before starting a band?
Eating a full meal at midnight on the bus is never a great idea.
10. How do you keep God your focus?
We are fully aware that our lives and ministry will fall apart if He is not the center- knowing that has kept us determined to make Him our #1 priority.