Sunday, January 30, 2011

Brad Stine

The other night I had the privilege to go see a Christian comedian named Brad Stine! The show was called "The Worlds Largest Baby Shower", because all the proceeds went to a pregnancy resource center! Basically what the pregnancy resource center does is they encourage young women to not have an abortion, and they even pay for ALL of the medical bills, formula and diapers! Speaking of diapers that's what it cost to get into the show, just a pack of diapers!

                   


After going to this event I learned a few things,
1. If you ever go to a Brad Stine show DO NOT sit in the front row! The front row people are his targets!
2. Brad Stine is really down to earth and in my opinion he is doing comedy for the right reason to honor God!
3. Personally I learned that God is trying to tell me something, because within the last two weeks I have heard or read the story in the bible of the Talents found in Matthew 25:14-30, On T.V, I read it on my friends blog, I heard it 2 times on a girls retreat and finally at the Brad Stine show! God is really trying to tell me something I'm not quite sure what it is but I have a couple ideas!

If you ever get a chance to see Brad Stine I recommend that you do! One of my favorite things that he said (other than his jokes)  was "If you only have $20 dollars give it to them (the pregnancy resource center), but if you are loaded then check out my DVDs. When I go home my kids will be standing at the door asking, Daddy did they buy your DVDs?"  (but he said it in like a British accent so it was really funny!)  I just loved how he was like "They need the money more than I do!" Brad also said "I will be back at the table hanging out so if you really want to you can get your picture taken with this goofy looking guy! But remember I am just like you I'm no different, well except that I am funnier than you!" But Brad would also get really deep at times, like he said "If you don't have something to Die for, then you have nothing to Live for! So after going to the show I would have to say that Brad Stine is now my favorite comedian! He also was saying that he is going to make a new DVD and he wants to make it in Michigan! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Sounds like you had fun! I LOVE Brad Stine, and when I heard you were going to his concert, I was going to warn you not to sit in the front seat!!!! He does that in every DVD he has! =)

I also love the new font of your blog. ;)

Rachel Renee said...

That is so cool! :) I know about the front seat thing! I've seen most of Brad Stine's stuff, and I wouldn't sit in the front row! :P I really like Brad Stine and his excellent comedy with a message!

By the way, Brad Stine acts in a few movies, too, if you didn't know... one is Sarah's Choice (w/ Rebecca St. James) and there is another movie, too. Brad Stine is an excellent (and hilarious) actor and is always perfect for the parts he plays! :)

Mike said...

Cool! I wish I could have been there! :D
Mike