Monday, September 30, 2013

Bread Of Stone - The Real Life Album Review

Bread Of Stone recently signed with DREAM Records, so they re-released their album "The Real Life" with DREAM on September 24th.


Prior to reviewing this album I was not familiar with Bread Of Stone's music at all. I hadn't really even heard of the band, and that is too bad because I was missing out. Bread Of Stone has a unique pop sound, but more than that they have an amazing message that they are sharing through their music.



In the album "The Real Life" Bread Of Stone challenges listeners to live the life that God has called us to live. The whole album is full of thought provoking and/or hopeful lyrics that are challenging while at the same time encouraging. Lyrically this album really does shine!


The song "The Line" is probably my favorite song on the album. This is a really thought provoking song that addresses an issue that a lot of Christians have trouble with, being in the world and not of it. To me the song is talking about how we as Christians are suppose to be living the life that God has called us to live, but we get distracted by trying to live a good life by the worlds standards. The chorus of the song says it all...

"I've been walking the line,
between your world and mine,
but my heart can't be living for two.
So I'll lay it all down,
and I'm turning around,
take it all let me fall in to you,
fall into you."

Musically this album could be better in my opinion. I really liked the single/first song on the album "Hold On". The song has a fun pop/dance sound that really grabs the attention of listeners. There are a couple others songs on the album that I really like the sound of, but the bulk of the music sounds the same. 

All in all this is a really good album. It might not be the best album out there or even the best album on DREAM Records, but it is still a nice and refreshing album to listen to. Where the music lacks in diversity, the lyrics more than make up for in passion and truths. I really enjoyed "The Real Life" and I would recommend it to fans of: Remedy Drive, VOTA, or even Newsboys.


Track Listing
  1. Hold On
  2. The Real Life
  3. The Line
  4. Changed
  5. Parachute
  6. Beautiful
  7. Supernatural
  8. I'll Be 
  9. One Way Runner
  10. Heartbeat


No comments: