Friday, May 11, 2012

Mikeschair - A Beautiful Life Album Review

Mikeschair released their newest album "A Beautiful Life" last August, but I am just getting around to reviewing it. I am not sure why it took so long though, this album is great!


The Album starts with the self-titled song "A Beautiful Life". Starting off slow this song grows into a beautiful song, with a catchy chorus and a message that is encouraging. I really enjoyed  the next song "Love Won't Quit On Us". With another hopeful message, this song also has an upbeat and fun sound, which was nice to listen to. This song will probably be on repeat on my iPod for awhile. The next song on the album is "Save Me Now". As the title suggests this song is about crying out to God asking him to save us.

The next song "Someone Worth Dying For" is one of Mikeschair's most popular songs, and I can see why. The message of this song is incredible and powerful. The chorus of the song says "Am I more than flesh and bone / Am I really something beautiful / I want to believe, I want to believe / That I'm not just some wandering soul / That you don't see and you don't know / I want to believe, Jesus help me believe / That I'm someone worth dying for". With more of an upbeat sound comes the next song "You Loved Me First". Musically this song sounds quite similar to the song "Love Won't Quit On Us". Lyrically this song is a good reminder about how much God loves us, it is something we should remind ourselves of often.

Coming up next is the rock influenced song "The More". Compared to most of the other songs on the album this one rocks out! This song has a lot of energy, and I think it would be a lot of fun in concert! :) The next song on the album is "All For You". This song is another one of Mikeschair's more popular singles, that you would hear on the radio. I really like this song, when ever I hear it on the radio I get excited. "Ignite" is the next song and it also more of a high energy rock sound. I just love the sound of this song, it has a fun beat and also some great guitars.


Starting with a cool techno sound is the next song "Pieces". This song continues with the infectious energy, and a sound somewhat similar to the two previous songs. The next song "Come Alive" slows things down a bit for more of a worship feel. The drums are especially good in this song. Then finishing off the album is the song "Gonna See Your Kingdom". This song has a middle of the road sound, it isn't a high energy rock song, but it isn't a slow worship song either. The end of this song is my favorite though with the clapping and "ohs".

This album was really good, their were a couple parts that were just okay, but for the most part it was all really good. The entire album is very encouraging and hopeful, and the vocals are amazing. I would give this album 4 stars
  1. A Beautiful Life
  2. Love Won't Quit On Us
  3. Save Me Now
  4. Someone Worth Dying For
  5. You Loved Me First
  6. The More
  7. All For You
  8. Ignite
  9. Pieces
  10. Come alive
  11. Gonna See Your Kingdom

No comments: