Saturday, March 10, 2012

Nicole Crotaeu - Anchors & Silhouettes

Nicole Crotaeu is signed to Dream Records the same record label as Press Play. On March 13th, Nicole is releasing her new album "Anchors & Silhouettes".


I will admit I am slightly partial to male vocalists, because normally they sound better, in my opinion.
However Nicole has an amazing voice, the kind that doesn't even need music to sound good. With the style of music and the vocals some of these songs remind me of Taylor Swift, especially the song "Butterflies". Now you people who don't like Taylor Swift, don't count Nicole out. I said SOME of her songs sound similar not all of them!

I would say that this album is a country album by heart, although not every song is a "Country" song, the album just has that vibe. The songs are more like love songs, which are common to country music. In my opinion the best song on the album would be "Storyteller". This song has beautiful vocals, with a toe tapping beat, that I love! Plus I really like the lyrics of this song as well, my favorite line would be "Don't doubt in the dark, What you knew in the light". I love when one little line has so much meaning!

For the most part I really liked this album. To listen to one song is really good, but listening through the entire album it gets a little blurred together and slow. Other than that it is just simply enjoyable to listen to. I will definitely be keeping at least a few of these songs on my iPod to listen to over and over. I would have to give this album a 3.5/5 stars.

1. Falling
2. Storyteller
3. Pushed Down
4. Amazing
5. Think About It
6. Sacred Romance
7. Butterflies
8. Rescue
9. Hurricane
10. Devon
11. The Getaway
12. Thirsty Roots


No comments: