Friday, March 25, 2011

Jason Dunn of Hawk Nelson Interview

Hawk Nelson recently released their fifth studio album "Crazy Love". I bought this CD when it first came out, and I have really enjoyed it. I would have to say my favorite song on the album is either "Crazy Love" because of it's message, or "Tally-Ho" because it has an awesome sound!


I have been a fan of Hawk Nelson ever since they released their first album "Letter's To The President". They have a really cool Punk/Rock sound that I really like! I wasn't as impressed with their last couple albums, they were good, but not quite like "Letters To The President" or "Smile, It's The End Of The World". However, crazy love is a step back in the right direction.


I got the chance to interview Hawk Nelson's lead singer Jason Dunn,  my questions are Blue and Jason's answers are Orange.


 How do you keep God your focus?

 Surrounding yourself with good people definitely helps. I'm very thankful to play in a band with guys who love Jesus and constantly try to give him everything!


What is your favorite song on your new album and why?

 I don't have a favorite song in particular, but because you asked...i'll go with Joanna:)


Being a musician with a lot of fans, how do you do to keep yourself humble?

I wake up every morning knowing that I've done nothing to deserve this. We've been given a gift by God and we know that it can be taken away just as quickly as it was given to us.


If you had one day that you could do anything, anywhere, what would you do?

A game of road hockey with the Calgary Flames.


How would you describe a Christian Band?

A Christian band is a band who's sole purpose is to play music for fellow Christians with the intention of encouraging and strengthening their journey.


Who is your favorite band other than Hawk Nelson?

My other band, The Dunn Boys

Is there anything else that you would like to add?

 No thank you.


Thanks everyone who is reading this, and thanks Jason for doing the Interview! If you know of a band that you would like me to interview or if you have any questions, send me an email at thechristianmusicjunkie@gmail.com

No comments: